Albertville Virtual Academy (AVA) Registration is open via the link below from
July 18 through August 12, 2022.
2022-23 School Year AVA Registration
Note: Students will be enrolled in AVA for the entire school year.
Albertville City Schools is pleased to offer a virtual learning experience for students in
ninth through twelfth grade who are zoned for Albertville City Schools and currently
enrolled. After enrolling, students may choose to continue in the traditional learning
environment or enroll in virtual learning with Albertville Virtual Academy (AVA). Students
will remain enrolled as an Albertville High School student while taking virtual classes
The virtual curriculum features courses in mathematics, science, language arts, world
languages, social studies as well as electives. In collaboration with the school counselor,
virtual school students will have the opportunity to select a virtual pathway to meet
his/her individual learning goals. Students desiring a virtual, non-traditional learning
environment are encouraged to apply.
The link to enroll in AVA for the 2022-23 Academic School Year can be found at the top of
this page. Please be aware that according to guidelines and procedures set by Albertville
City Schools, an evaluation of your student’s prior academic performance will be conducted
to determine eligibility for AVA this school year.
• Students will be required to maintain course grade averages of 70% or higher
in all courses to remain at Albertville Virtual Academy.
• At the midway point students with course averages below 70% in all academic
courses will be contacted by AVA and school administration to schedule in-
person academic support time to address non-mastery of standards.
• At the end of each grading period, students who have not achieved course
grade averages of 70% will be recommended to return to their home zoned
school for in-person learning.
Virtual Attendance Procedures:
• Attendance is a combination of measures that indicates if a student is
demonstrating adequate participation in AVA coursework.
• This not only includes the actual attendance hours in the AVA learning
platform, but also lesson and assignment completion, and communication
with teachers/school administration.
• To be in full attendance with Albertville City Schools, a student must:
o Complete and submit course assignments in accordance with due dates to
make adequate progress toward course completion.
o Communicate with Albertville City School staff as needed via the learning
management platform, telephone conversations, and email correspondence.
o Adhere to the Albertville City Schools calendar for attendance days. Students
may choose to work on non-instructional days if they are on pace and
displaying content proficiency in all courses.
Albertville Virtual Academy students will remain enrolled in their home school. This option
is available for students who wish to receive standards-based instruction in a virtual
environment without attending classes in a traditional, face-to-face setting. This
instructional model is suitable for highly motivated students who want to engage in
educational experiences from home.
• All learning occurs remotely. Learning materials can be accessed anywhere at
any time using online learning management systems.
• All instructional materials are pre-recorded and self-paced, allowing flexibility
• Devices will be provided by Albertville City Schools.
• Students are required to have access to internet service.
• Students will receive additional academic support as needed.
• Students must come to campuses for all standardized testing.
• Schedules will follow the home school format (i.e., traditional block or
modified block schedule).
• Course schedules will be determined by the home school counselor, who will
work with students to ensure a schedule that best fits their academic needs
within the virtual learning setting.
• AVA follows the ACS school calendar for all beginning and end dates of the
school year: holidays, breaks, and weather days.
• Grades will be reported to the students from AVA and sent to the student’s
home school for final reporting.
• Students who graduate from high school while an AVA student will receive a
diploma from Albertville City Schools and are eligible for honors graduate
designations and participation in ceremony.
• All extracurricular participation must be approved by the local school
▫ Approved students can participate in clubs and organizations at their
▫ Approved students can participate in athletics at their zoned
school but are subject to Alabama High School Athletic Association
▫ Students can participate in any event hosted by their zoned school
that occurs outside of typical school hours (i. e., homecoming events,
graduation ceremonies, etc.).
▫ For additional questions, please contact the zoned school.
Acceptance & Orientation:
• Students will be notified of their acceptance to AVA via email by an ACS staff
member with instructions for next steps. It is important to provide a valid
email address on the application.
• There will be an in-person orientation for all AVA students and families to
answer any questions. The date, time, and location will be sent after enrollemt
has been approved.
For more information about Albertville Virtual Academy, please contact:
Lesa Davis, ACS Administrative Assistant
256-891-1183, EXT 238