2023-2024 Out of District Application
This application is for students who are located outside the district, even if you are grandfathered in, and have attended ACS before or are a new student.
- Step One: The parent/legal guardian of a non-resident student should complete the Out of District Enrollment Application between May 1, 2023, and June 30, 2023. This applies to all out of district students, even those who are grandfathered in. Parents/legal guardians are subject to the procedures and guidelines associated with this policy.
- Step Two: ACS will communicate to you by letter the acceptance or denial of enrollment. Students who are grandfathered in and students accepted into ACS will receive a Snapcode via the email address used on the application.
- Step Three: Use the Snapcode to complete the Returning or New Student Registration Form.
What happens if I don't complete both forms?
All current and potential out of district students are required to complete both the Out of District Enrollment Application and the Returning or New Student Registration Form. Albertville City Schools reserves the right to withdraw students to the district to which they belong if the forms aren't completed.
Effective March 16, 2022, tuition will be charged for students who are considered non-resident students who wish to enroll in the Albertville City School District. Non-residential student tuition rates are as follows:
- $600 annually for one child
- $1,200 annually for two or more children.
Tuition is capped at $1,200 annually. Any student enrolled in Albertville City Schools prior to Feb. 15, 2022, is considered grandfathered in and is exempt from tuition associated with enrollment in Albertville City Schools. All students enrolling on or after Feb. 15, 2022, will be subject to the terms of ACS Policy 6.1.2 and stipulations associated with tuition for enrollment. There is no exemption for siblings of children who fall under the grandfather exemption.
Mid-Year Enrollment for Out of District Students
Albertville City Schools accepts applications for non-resident mid-year student enrollment each year during Dec. 1-15. All ACS requirements associated with the Non-Residence Enrollment Policy apply to prospective and accepted students.
- $300 for one child
- $600 for two more students
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact the Albertville City Schools Enrollment Office via phone at (256) 894-5061, by email at email@example.com, or in person at 1100 Horton Road in Albertville.